Date(s) - Saturday, April 13th, 2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Down Range Indoor Training Center
This Course is Approved for the INITIAL CCW and RECERTIFICATION CCW for Butte, Glenn and Tehama Counties.
CCW Course Description Our in-depth CCW class is an 8-hour course. This course provides 5 hours of comprehensive classroom instruction on aspects relating to concealed carry and 3 hours of range instruction (additional range time required for those qualifying with more than two handguns). Topics covered in the classroom include: carry techniques, criminal and civil laws, emotional considerations, holster selection, firearm safety and others. In addition, we facilitate group discussions on situations leading to the use of firearms, encounters with other CCW holders and/or law enforcement during lethal encounters, mitigation techniques and out of state travel. Range portion covers low light, shooting at distances, timed shooting, stress-induced shooting, strong-hand shooting, and more. The course of fire, including practice and qualification for the primary weapon, is 150 rounds, with 20 additional rounds for each subsequent firearm. If you are in need of equipment for your course at Down Range, we have a full line of accessories to meet your needs. Ask about discounts for accessories and ammunition purchased for your course.
Equipment you will need:
- Handgun (2 magazines or a revolver with speed loaders is preferable but not required). You may bring multiple handguns. Please keep in mind the course is designed for up to two handguns, but you may qualify with an additional two at the conclusion of the course (ADDITIONAL RANGE TIME REQUIRED).
- Holster or other method of concealment (if already using).
- 150 rounds of good quality target ammunition for primary handgun and 20 rounds for each additional handgun
- Belt (if using holster &/or magazine holder).
- Eye protection – clear glasses.
- Ear protection – Standard or electronic ear muffs or foam ear plugs.
- Clothes: Comfortable clothing that you can move freely in, along with closed toed shoes. Ladies, please no “V” necks or other low cut shirts.
- Water/snacks (no eating or drinking on the range). Visit our coffee shop, Code3 Coffee!
BookingsAvailable Space: 2
Current Enrollment: 16
Bookings are closed for this event.